Thursday, September 04, 2008

meh..

Remember the my head vid post? Well c'mon its only 2 posts back :P You knw whats weird out of all the 19 or so comments only ONE person actually comment on the actual content itself :P

I mean i knw my voice is not ur average kuwaiti 22yr old voice bes u need a weird voice to match the weird personality and i even had to make sure the post was semi audible yet only balqees managed to make ne thing out of the post. Anyways since then i finished the book. It was good. not amazing but good. Then i saw the movie starring john Cusack and Jack Black. Its weird watching a movie adaptation of a book 5 mins after finishing the book. Everything was fresh in my head since i finished the book inside a week ( i knw its a short book that can be finished ina day bes i like to take my time with books i like ) and what was really weird was the fact they decided to say exact phrases from the book so its like wow amazing but the order in which they came in the movie was all wrong. Like ashya2 min the ending was used in the beginning of the movie but it fits in so for those who dont knw its nothing big bes 7asait ina the movement was killish mala da3i lana why fix it if it aint broke ? and well as usual in this case the book was way better than the movie :p bes it was still a good movie. Anyways heres the paragraph i narrated in the post

Some of my favorite songs: 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' by Neil Young; 'Last Night I
Dreamed That Somebody Loved Me' by the Smiths; 'Call Me' by Aretha Franklin; 'I Don't Want to Talk About It' by anybody. And then there's 'Love Hurts' and 'When Love Breaks Down' and 'How Can You Mend a Broken Heart' and 'The Speed of the Sound of Loneliness' and 'She's Gone' and 'I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself 'and . . . some of these songs I have listened to around once a week, on average (three hundred times in the first month, every now and again thereafter), since I was sixteen or nineteen or twenty-one. How can that not leave you bruised somewhere? How can that not turn you into the sort of person liable to break into little bits when your first love goes all wrong? What came first, the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music? Do all those records turn you into a melancholy person?
People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are
scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids
listening to thousands, literally thousands, of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss. The unhappiest people I know, romantically speaking, are the ones who like pop music the most; and I don't know whether pop music has caused this unhappiness, but I do know that they've been listening to the sad songs longer than they've been living the unhappy lives.

9 comments:

Aurous said...

They always make unnecessary changes when They make a book into a movie. It's annoying @@ You're right; why fix something that's not broken!

Anonymous said...

I did pay attention to what you were saying in the post, but I got a bit confused as to what exactly was in your head. So, I refrained from commenting on the content;p

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Your voice isn't as weird as you make it seem :P

I don't think there ever was a book that was better as a movie, unless it was a really sucky book.

BTW I'm still downloading it 8|

do0da said...

aurous: its better than the fever pitch adaptation thou. The book 3an kura 7awilaw ilfilm 3ala baseball -_- cuz soccer doesnt have that big a market in the US blah blah SO WHY MAKE A MOVIE BOUT IT NE WAYS !!

amethyst: well its in my head u didnt think it would be something simple and straight forward did u :P ?

lino: u only say that cuz ur voice would prolly recieve the same comments :P

true :P

LOL baal how long left ? % wise

Balqees said...

By the one u mean me right :P


u know how i feel right now
u know when ur in class and then the teacher comes in and say " well only ONE girl got a full mark and we all who she is "
well was never THAT girl, i wasn't even the girl with the lowest mark, i didn't care what but i wanted to be the ONE lol
and u just made me feel special coz i'm the ONE
i'm ur ONE
LOL

so thank u , thank u for making me feel so special :P
Thank u for making me ur ONE

Dee said...

u didnt mention the books name sa7?
o sara7a male khlg ashouf youtube 7alyaan bs im sure ur voice wud match you o if it didnt well .. too bad:p
ana fene noom so im not sure wat im saying lol , bs i so wanted to comment :P

Oranjina fadidra said...

its not that bad..... really..!

Sh7afana said...

el a7mar ba6 3yoooni

do0da said...

balqees: LOL :P low adri i woulda done it sooner

dee: High Fidelity i keep forgetting to mention it :P

oranjina: i never said it was bad -_-

sh7afana: bil'3ala6 i meant to put the grayish-white ily foga bes i missed o i was too lazy to change it :P